The success of the first season of “Bridgerton” and its mysterious ending almost ensure a second installment of the series created by Chris Van Dusen and produced by Shonda Rhimes, and which mainly follows the love story of Daphne and Simon, the Duke of Hastings.
Although neither Netflix nor Shondaland have confirmed a new batch of episodes, according to ‘ What’s On Netflix ‘, the show was renewed even before the first season launched. Also, the reports indicate that the recordings were to begin in the summer of 2020. However, due to the coronavirus, they were postponed until March 2021.
Also, considering that the fiction is based on the best-selling novels of Julia Quinn, it is clear that there is more original material to adapt to continue narrating the adventures of the Bridgerton brothers and their relatives.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN SEASON 2 “BRIDGERTON”?
The end of the first season of ” Bridgerton ” left several questions unanswered. Who murdered Lord Featherington and who inherited his properties? Will Lady Whistledown return with more gossip? Will Anthony get married? With whom? Will Colin accept his feelings for Penelope? Will Daphne and Simon still be happy? These are some of the pending questions.
Although there is no official information yet, the new installment will probably adapt the second book in the series, ‘The Viscount who loved me’. According to the book’s description: “Anthony Bridgerton has not only decided to get married, but he has also even chosen a wife! The only obstacle is his fiancee’s older sister, Kate Sheffield, the nosiest woman to ever grace a London ballroom. The energetic schemer is driving Anthony crazy with his determination to stop the engagement, but when he closes his eyes at night, Kate is the woman who haunts his increasingly erotic dreams …
Contrary to popular belief, Kate is pretty sure Reformed libertines aren’t the best husbands, and Anthony Bridgerton is the most wicked rogue of all. Kate is determined to protect her sister, but fears that her own heart is vulnerable. And when Anthony’s lips touch hers, she is suddenly afraid that she will not be able to resist the despicable libertine.
WHEN WILL “BRIDGERTON” SEASON 2 RELEASE?
The second season of “Bridgerton” does not have a release date on Netflix yet, but the new episodes will most likely premiere in December 2022.
ACTORS AND CHARACTERS OF “BRIDGERTON 2”
Bridgerton’s book series follows much of the same cast of characters, with new additions, so Netflix fiction is likely to follow suit.
- Julie Andrews as the voice of Lady Whistledown (narrator)
- Phoebe Dynevor as Daphne Bridgerton
- Regé-Jean Page as Simon Basset
- Jonathan Bailey as Anthony Bridgerton
- Nicola Coughlan as Penelope Featherington
- Claudia Jessie as Eloise Bridgerton
- Adjoa Andoh as Lady Danbury
- Lorraine Ashbourne as Mrs. Varley
- Sabrina Bartlett as Siena Rosso
- Joanna Bobin as Lady Cowper
- Harriet Cains as Philippa Featherington
- Bessie Carter as Prudence Featherington
- Ruth Gemmell as Lady Violet Bridgerton
- Florence Hunt as Hyacinth Bridgerton
- Martins Imhangbe as Will Mondrich
- Luke Newton as Colin Bridgerton
- Golda Rosheuvel as Queen Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz
- Ruby Stokes as Francesca Bridgerton
- Luke Thompson as Benedict Bridgerton
- Will Tilston as Gregory Bridgerton
- Ruby Barker as Marina Thompson
- Polly Walker as Lady Portia Featherington
- Jessica Madsen as Cressida Cowper
- Kathryn Drysdale as Genevieve Delacroix