‘You’ is an American psychological thriller net series that gained immense fame since its very first season. It is based on a thriller book by Caroline Kepnes, published in September 2014. The unique and unpredictable plot of the psychological thriller will play with your mind. The series deals with a debatable, obsessive man who ends up being a murderer. Despite his poisonous behavior, people still find the protagonist (Joe) very perceptible which is one of the reasons why people are looking forward to it. And never to forget the show’s intriguing and suspenseful plot which also leaves us hooked to our chairs.
Following two very successful seasons, Netflix has revived the series for the third season, despite criticism of its problematic themes in certain circles. Here are the details you need to know about season 3.
You Season 3 Release Date & Production Status: When does it come out?
Season 3 of You was officially confirmed in January of 2020 but production was delayed due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic. On November 2nd of 2020, a tweet was posted with an image of fan-favorite, Joe Goldberg (Penn Badgley) using the notice, “We recommend you stay at least 6 feet in Joe Goldberg constantly. YOU S3 come in production.”
We recommend you stay at least 6 feet from Joe Goldberg at all times. YOU S3 is back in production. pic.twitter.com/d7AifniC99
— YOU (@YouNetflix) November 2, 2020
However, shortly after, filming has been suspended in December of 2020 because of the explosion of fresh coronavirus infections in California. In 2019, the series relocated its production to Los Angeles due to a several million dollar tax incentive, thus they’ll probably not hit their original aim of wrapping filming by April of 2021. There currently is not an official release date as production is uncertain when they will have the ability to resume filming. Once production starts up again, they’ll most likely need 6 weeks to finish filming before the release date will be announced.
You Season 3 Plot & Storyline
‘You’ revolves around stalking sociopath Joe Goldberg (Penn Badgley), who develops obsessions with young women. In the first season, Joe develops an obsession with aspiring writer Beck (Elizabeth Lail) and ends up killing her. In the next season, Joe develops feelings for aspiring chef’s Love Quinn (Victoria Pedretti).
Season 2 revealed that Love is very much like Joe. The next series finished shockingly — with Love demonstrated to have been behind the murder of the two Delilah (Carmela Zumbado) and Candace (Ambyr Childers). It seems as if Joe had discovered a perfect partner. The climax of season 2 left us shell-shocked as we Appreciate being pregnant and Joe and Love moving in together.
In season 3, we can expect Joe and Love to be responsible because of the child and also continued to murdering contemplating the turns and twists of the storyline. Penn also theorized that Love will have some behavioral alterations. Well, for now, we just have to wait for season 3 to drop in and if you are still not convinced, you may always check buffs’ amazing notions.
You season 3 cast: Which actors will return?
Penn Badgley and Victoria Pedretti are verified to reprise their roles in season 3. Seeing as they have moved to the suburbs of LA, lots of the You season 2 throw that are still alive could still go back to the show in season 3 too.
Thus far, it’s been confirmed that Love’s mommy, played by Saffron Burrows, will return to help the new parents with their infant.
Likely, Forty (James Scully) and Delilah (Carmela Zumbado) could come back from the dead through flashbacks or Joe and/or Love hallucinating.
You season 3 will also present thirteen new characters into the mix. Here are the newest character descriptions:
• Natalie (Michaela McManus), Joe’s new, Stepford-Esque neighbor Natalie who leads a secret life.
• Sherry (Shalita Grant), “a’Mom-fluencer’ who appears down to the ground, but is a mean girl who just pretends to welcome Love to her social circle”
• Cary (Travis Van Winkle), a rich guy, who invites Joe to his inner circle.
• Matthew (Scott Speedman), a successful CEO, husband, and uncommunicative father.
• Marienne (Tati Gabrielle), a smart, no-nonsense librarian who does not let much get by her.
• Theo (Dylan Arnold), a wise and perceptive, however distressed and vulnerable college student with a strained and complex relationship with his stepfather.
• Kiki (Shannon Chan-Kent), a dedicated member of Sherry’s cliquish”mean girl” buddy group.
• Andrew (Chris O’Shea), a loving member of Sherry’s cliquish internal circle.
• Dante (Ben Mehl), a librarian, a veteran, and a family guy, who keeps his wit and equanimity no matter what the day brings.
• Brandon (Christopher Sean), Kiki’s husband, who struck it rich in his mid 20’s as a tech investor, is presently a stay-at-home dad for his children.
• Jackson (Bryan Safi), Andrew’s wry husband; they still have an enviable, loving marriage.
• Gil (Mackenzie Astin), a mild-mannered geology professor is considerate, friendly, and genuinely good-hearted if a little vanilla and naive.
•Dr. Chandra (Ayelet Zurer), a smart, brusque, but extremely seasoned couple’s therapist that has every intention of getting into the base of her patients’ problems.
Several other characters are alive that could return to haunt Joe. Ellie (Jenna Ortega) is living in Florida and the actual Will Bettelheim (Robin Lord Taylor) could return for revenge.
Fresh blood joining You Season 3:
Shalita Grant will play Sherry, a "Mom-fluencer" who appears down to earth, but is actually a mean girl who only pretends to welcome Love into her social circle.
Travis VanWinkle will play the wealthy Cary, who invites Joe into his inner circle pic.twitter.com/Js70prlmZv
— Netflix Queue (@netflixqueue) October 15, 2020