A large number of people rely on WhatsApp as their primary method of texting; it is the most widely used texting app in the world.
Then it can be frustrating if it doesn’t work out for you In some cases, troubleshooting may necessitate a series of steps to get to the bottom of the issue. Whatsapp isn’t working on your phone? Here are some of the most common fixes.
WhatsApp May Have Wiped Your Account.
Unless you haven’t opened WhatsApp in a while, you won’t have to worry about this, but if you haven’t used WhatsApp for 120 days or more, you should be aware that the service has the right to delete your account. You’ll have to start over from scratch if your old one was removed.
There Should Be a Strong Wi-Fi Signal in Your Area.
If your phone’s wireless connection isn’t working properly, you may have trouble connecting to and using WhatsApp.
Try using another app that accesses the internet to make sure your connection isn’t to blame if you don’t see any signal in the status bar at the top of your phone.
The Airplane mode icon in the Control Center (or Quick Settings on Android) or by swiping down from the top right corner of the screen may help fix a connectivity issue. To reactivate your wireless, wait a few seconds and then tap it once more.
If your WhatsApp app is acting strangely, restarting the app usually fixes the issue. To close an app on Android and iOS, follow the instructions in the following sections. To see if the problem has been resolved, restart WhatsApp.
Make Sure WhatsApp Is Running.
When using WhatsApp, you won’t have to worry about the service going down. Every online service, however, experiences outages from time to time. Want to find out if WhatsApp is to blame, or if you’re to blame? Use Downdetector to see if WhatsApp is currently experiencing a service outage or not. “Is WhatsApp down?” can also be typed into a search engine.
Reboot Your Phone.
Just like the WhatsApp app, you can also restart your phone or tablet to see if that fixes the problem. In order to turn off most Android devices, press and hold the power button for a few seconds, or pull your device’s control center down and look for the power icon in the bottom-right corner.
Check to See if Your Whats App Is Up-To-Date.
You should make sure that your phone automatically updates all of your apps. You could also have a bug or compatibility issue that’s preventing WhatsApp from working properly if you haven’t updated it for a while. How to manually update WhatsApp on Android, and how it works on the iPhone:
- In order to begin, open up the App Store app on your mobile device.
- In the bottom right corner, tap the Search icon and type “WhatsApp.”
- If an update is available, you’ll see a button labeled “Update.” Click it. Open indicates that you are already up to date, whereas Close indicates that you are not.
Clear The Cache.
To test whether clearing the WhatsApp cache solves your problem, you can try deleting the cache and reinstalling the app to see if that fixes the issue. If you’re using WhatsApp on an iPhone, clearing the cache isn’t an option.
Remove the app from your device and re-download it from the App Store. You don’t need to uninstall WhatsApp to clear the cache on your Android device.
- Open the Settings app and choose Apps from the list.
- Then select WhatsApp from the list of available apps if necessary.
- Tap Storage & cache.
- Clear the cache by pressing the Clear cache button.
Restarting the app should do the trick. Clear storage if the problem persists, following the same steps as before. Please be aware that deleting the app’s storage will remove all of your saved data, including your login information.
My Contacts Don’t Appear to Be Recognized by Whats App.
WhatsApp may fail to recognize your contacts on Android for a variety of reasons. To check that it does, follow this simple checklist:
- Always make sure your contact information is up-to-date (the ones they use for WhatsApp).
- Make sure they are using WhatsApp at the moment.
- Check to see if WhatsApp is up to date.
- If a foreign phone number is being used by a contact, make sure the country code is included in the full international format on your phone.
- Make sure that you’ve given WhatsApp permission to access your contact information.
Related: Avast Antivirus: What Does It Offer?
On the iPhone/iPad
These steps should fix the problem of not being able to see contact information while using WhatsApp on an iPhone:
You must first ensure that your contacts have been granted access to WhatsApp. This is how it’s done.
- Tap on the Privacy option in Settings.
- Go to the Contacts tab by tapping on the drop-down menu that appears.
- Make sure WhatsApp is active.
- Try these steps if you see WhatsApp is greyed out (or if it doesn’t appear in the privacy settings at all):
- Click on Screen Time in Settings.
- Make sure that WhatsApp does not have any content or privacy restrictions.
- The iPhone may need to be rebooted if these steps don’t work.
Even if you deny your contacts access to WhatsApp, you will still be able to send and receive messages and change the settings. There will be no way to see who you’re contacting (just their phone numbers). New groups and broadcast lists can be created as well.
Also Read: Iosgods App: How To Download and Use It?
Here Are a Few More Steps to Take if You’ve Lost Any Contacts on iOS:
Make sure you have saved international phone numbers in the correct format.
Your account administrator should allow WhatsApp and other apps to access your contacts if you are using iOS 11.3 or above with a Microsoft Exchange account.
Alternatively, you could import your Exchange contacts into your phone’s address book or Apple’s iCloud.