A step-by-step guide is provided in the event that you lose your mobile phone and need to temporarily suspend or block your payment accounts on it.
One of the other mobile payment app is almost universally installed on most smartphones. Unified Payments Interface powers popular Indian online payment services like Paytm, Google Pay, and Phone Pe (UPI).
Your accounts can be misused even though UPI uses a secure method of money transfer and payment.One of the most important things you can do if you lose your device is disable UPI payments and temporarily block your accounts.
The Following Are the Steps to Deactivate Your Google Pay Account:
- If you’ve misplaced your phone, the first thing you should do is call the Google Pay helpline at 18004190157.
- Talk to a Google Pay specialist and request that they block your account.
- It is possible to “remote wipe” data from an Android phone so that no one can access your Google account, as well.
Similarly, iPhone users can erase their data in the same way.
The Paytm Account Can Be Temporarily Suspended by Following These Steps.
- Call the Paytm Payments Bank customer service phone number 01204456456 to get started.
- If you’ve lost your phone, this is the place to select “lost phone.”
- Next, enter the phone number you’ve misplaced after selecting the “Enter an alternative number” option.
- Paytm’s website has a section called “24×7 help” that you can access. In order to report a fraud, select the appropriate category from the drop-down menu.
- Send proof of account ownership, such as a credit/debit card statement showing Paytm transactions, a police complaint proof against a lost or stolen phone, or some other document based on the requirement, after clicking the “Message Us” button.
- Paytm will proceed with approving your request and blocking the account once verification is complete.
Block Phone Pe’s payment account
- Users of Phone Pe should dial 08068727374, which is the phone company’s emergency hotline.
- Next, you’ll be prompted to file a complaint about an issue with your Phone Pe profile. Choose the corresponding number from the drop-down menu.
- Once you’ve entered your phone number, an OTP will be sent to verify your identity.
- Select the option of not receiving an OTP message. You can now report the loss of your SIM card or mobile phone. It’s yours.
- Once you’ve completed this step, your request to “block the account” will be started.