The loss of a phone, whether it be because you left it in a cab, dropped it, or it mysteriously disappeared under your bed, can be a jarring interruption to your day.
If you’re using an Android phone and you lose it, you can use the Find My Device feature to hopefully track it down. Both this feature and Google’s Location services are required for Find My Device to function.
Not only must the phone be active, but a Google account must be linked to it. Pixels, like many other Android phones, include the Find My Device feature as part of the base operating system, and it’s typically enabled by default.
If You Want to Use Google’s Find My Device
you can check to see if it’s part of your phone’s version of Android.
1. Go to Settings > Security and look for Find My Device.
2. If the app is listed but is turned off, tap on it and use the toggle to turn it on.
If the app is listed but grayed out, tapping it will bring up a toggle that can be used to activate it.
Google’s Find My Device app is available in the Play Store if you’d prefer to use it instead of the one your device’s manufacturer pre-installed, or if you’d rather use an Android tablet than a computer to track down your phone or watch.
Next, You Can Check to See if the Location Is Enabled
1. Go to your phone’s settings and find Location. It will say right underneath the header whether it’s on or off.
2. If it’s off, taps on Location and toggle it on.
3. You can also check which apps have access to your location and which have used it recently. If you want to take this opportunity to fine-tune this setting, tap on App location permission to tweak location permission settings.
Also Read: solar movie: Is Solar Movies Safe?
Find Your Phone
Everything is taken care of now. Type “Find my device” into Google’s search page if you can’t locate your phone.
Select the device you’re looking for from the list of ones you’ve added to Google. Choose one.
Your phone’s name, the time and date of its last ping, the name of the Wi-Fi network it was using, and its battery life will all be displayed on the Find My Device page.
Where Your Phone Was Last Seen on A Map Will Be Displayed on Google
Once you’ve located your device, there are three options that are listed on the left side of the screen. Which you choose depends on whether you feel the device is in a safe place or not. You can:
1. Have the device play a sound usually, the ringtone for five minutes so you can locate it.
2. Lock the device and sign out of your Google account, so that your data will be safe while you go to retrieve it recommended if, say, you’ve left it in a cab or restaurant.
3. Erase the device. This is for times when you’re reasonably sure it’s been stolen and is not retrievable; you won’t be able to locate your device after that, but your content will no longer be on it.