How to Get Water out Of Charging Port: 5 Simple Tips for Drying Your Smartphone! USB Port

0
18
how to get water out of charging port

There are different methods to get water out of your smartphone. You can use wool, a vacuum hose, rice, a fan, or a desiccant. Be careful when attempting them, however, and ensure that your phone is switched off.

recently dropped my iPhone XS Max in a puddle and the water got into the charging port. My phone wouldn’t charge or turn on.

I tried all the usual remedies – rice, a vacuum cleaner, and even a hair dryer – but nothing worked. I then bought a desiccant silica packet and put it in the charging ports.

Here Are a Few Solutions You Could Try Out.

1. Using Wool

how to get water out of charging port

An easy way to get water out of your phone charging port is to use wool.

1. First, switch off your phone and remove the battery for some Android devices.

2. Next, take a piece of wool and wrap it around a toothpick, needle, or pin. Ensure that it is tiny enough to fit into the charging port.

3. Now, gently insert the wool into the port and wiggle it around until the water comes out.

4. Finally, dry the port with a tissue or cloth and replace the battery if you removed it.

5. Your phone should now be working as normal. Leave it off for a few hours to allow the battery to dry completely.

2. Using a Vacuum Hose

If you don’t have any wool available, you can try using a vacuum cleaner instead. A vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment will work best for this.

1. First, switch off your phone and remove the battery if possible.

2. Next, attach the vacuum cleaner hose to the charging port and turn it on.

3. The suction will help to suck the water out of the port.

4. Finally, dry the port with a tissue or cloth and replace the battery if you removed it.

5. Your phone should now be working as normal. Leave it off for a few hours to allow the battery to dry completely.

3. Using Rice

how to get water out of charging port

Did you know that you can also use rice to get water out of your phone charging port? Rice is a natural desiccant and will help absorb the water.

If you’ve used cotton wool and vacuum hose and your phone is still not working, try using rice as a final resort.

1. First, switch off your phone and remove the battery if possible.

2. Next, place a small bowl of rice next to your phone and cover the phone and rice with a cloth.

3. Leave your phone for at least 24 hours, and ideally 48 hours.

After this, check to see if your phone is working. If it is, great! If not, try the next solution. Be careful not to get rice in your phone’s charging port when you’re cleaning it.

If you do, gently tap your phone with the lightning connector facing down. You can also use a toothpick or a small piece of wire to remove the rice.

Also Read: Apple Watch Wont Turn On: Your Apple Watch Won’t Turn On? 10 Quick and Easy Fixes!

4. Using a Fan

Lastly, you can use a fan to try and dry out your phone. An advantage of this is that you can do so while it is still plugged in and charging.

Plus, a fan is consistent and won’t damage your phone like a hairdryer might. The fan will help to circulate the compressed air around your phone.

1. Place your phone in front of a fan with the charging port facing slightly away from it. Turn the fan on to its highest setting. Ensure the fan is a few inches away from your phone to avoid any damage.

2. Keep the fan running for 30 to 60 minutes. If your phone is still wet, turn the fan off and try another method.

Also Read: solar movie: Is Solar Movies Safe?

5. Using Desiccant

how to get water out of charging port

Finally, if you have access to a desiccant, you can try using that to dry out your phone. Desiccants are materials that absorb water, so they can be helpful in situations like this.

There are different types of desiccants, but the most common is silica gel. Silica gel is a small, white, granular material that can be found in several different products, such as shoe boxes and purses.

If you have access to a desiccant, remove the desiccant from its package and place it in a small container.

Make sure the phone is completely dry on the outside before placing it in the container with the desiccant.

Close the container and leave it for 24 to 48 hours. Check the phone after that time to see if it is dry. Remove it from the desiccant and power it on.

Test all the features to make sure they are working properly.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here