A job promotion can mean a lot of extra perks, like getting a raise and additional benefits. And letting people know about your new job status on LinkedIn is not only an excellent way to celebrate but also to let potential leads know about some of your previous accomplishments.
Notifying your contacts about your promotion is a great way to let them know that you might be a good candidate in the future.
However, while showing off your new promotion might seem like a no-brainer you should not do it before reading this article all the way through. Because if you end up doing it wrong, you risk missing that rare opportunity that can significantly boost your brand.
Or worse, you might come across as unprofessional while trying to preview your job updates.
Below, we’ll cover best practices, as well as give insights on when you should NOT notify your contacts about your latest job promotion.
How to Add a Job Promotion on Linked In
It might seem obvious to add it on LinkedIn, notify your connections, and call it a day. But that’s not always the case!
Now, we’ll go more in-depth about that below. As well as cover what to include within your job promotion in your profile, with examples.
Until Then, Here’s How To Add a Job Promotion to Your Profile.
1. Go to your LinkedIn profile.
2. Scroll down to your job experience section.
3. Select the position you got promoted in probably your current job role and click on the plus sign.
4. Then, enter the details of your new role in the window including your new job title, position, start date, and so on.
5. Below, you can also choose to end your current position now or not.
6. So, if done right, your job promotion should appear under the same company listing in your profile but as a different position.
And if You Want to Notify Your Contacts About This Promotion, Simply Check This Option Above.
Keep in mind, that updates about your job may take up to two hours to be shared with your network, and updates to your education may take up to a month to be shared with your network.
When that does happen, though, your connections will get a notification like this one.
But anyone who views your LinkedIn profile after updating your changes will be able to see the news as soon as you save them.
Even if you haven’t chosen to notify your network about any changes. So, now that you know how to add a job promotion to your profile let’s look at some best practices on what you should include within your promotion listings.