The use of in-game monikers is crucial in any online game, and Roblox is no different. You might not think much about picking a catchy username for your new Roblox account.
Players often change their display names after making this decision because they either choose a name that is misspelled or is too common for the game’s demographic.
To their benefit, Roblox allows players to freely alter their in-game monicker. With no further ado, this Roblox tutorial will walk you through the motions of altering your user name.
Changing Display Name in Roblox
First things first: there are two kinds of account names on Roblox, Usernames and Display Names. Roblox charges a one-time fee of 1,000 Robux, or $14.98, to change your Username.
While it’s true that you can change your username at any time, the ability to change your display name did not become available until 2021.
Here are the motions to alter your Roblox user name:
- Go ahead and sign in to your Roblox account.
- It’s imperative that you’re logged into your Roblox account before proceeding to the next step.
- Click on “Account Settings” to make changes to your account.
- The browser’s settings cog is the cog in the upper right corner of the screen. Users using mobile devices, however, will need to tap the ellipsis (…) for additional content.
- Use the Account Info menu to locate your current display name.
- You can change your public identity by clicking the Display Name tab that sits above your username.
To Change Your Online Identity, Type in Your New User Name.
To permanently update your Roblox user name, simply input the new name and click the Save button. You should now be able to distinguish your Display Name from your Username after refreshing the page.