Parents and others in the community who are interested in volunteering their time and skills to help CPS students are always invited to do so.
WHERE YOU ARE PRESENTED
The Method of Applying to Be a Volunteer
Participating in volunteer activities is a great way for parents and community members to become involved with their local school and lend a hand to the students. Students, parents, community members, and educational institutions all benefit from these opportunities.
The Application Procedure for Volunteers
Volunteers Interested in Working with The Chicago Public Schools (cps) Must First Register with Family and Community Engagement (face) by Submitting a Completed Cps Volunteer Application and Passing the Necessary Screenings.
You Will Be Asked to Submit a Background Check Report Through Email as Part of The Application Process. Background Checks Are Conducted at No Cost to Cps. All Returning Level 1 Volunteers Have Their Backgrounds Checked Once a Year.
You’ll Also Need to Provide Tuberculosis Testing Results Within the Past Two Years. We, Will, Let You Know Where You May Go to Get Checked Out. in This Case, Cps Will Not Pay for The Tuberculosis Screening.
If You Are a Volunteer and Would Like to Continue Helping out At the Same School Next Year, You Must Let the Administration Know by July 1. Volunteers Who Have Served in The Past Do Not Need to Reapply Each Year.
CPS Parents/Caregivers or Partners must have:
- Current Local or FBI/BCI Background
- District Provided Volunteer Badge
Steps to becoming a Volunteer
- Complete Volunteer Registration Form
- Complete/Submit Background Check
- School completes/submits the Badge Authorization Form
- Volunteer makes an appointment to get a CPS Badge
- School contacts volunteers to coordinate day(s) of support
How to Submit/Obtain Local Background Check
If a CURRENT CPS volunteer or if you have had a Local or FBI/BCI Background Check within the past 6 months:
- Bring your Local or FBI/BCI Background Check to your Badge Appointment at:
- Cincinnati Public Schools, Education Center Security Office (2651 Burnet Ave, 45219 Hours: Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.– Noon and 1–3 p.m.)
If a New Cps Volunteer or If You Need a Local Background Check:
- Complete a Local Background Check by visiting:
- Hamilton County Justice Center, (1000 Sycamore Street, Room 100, 45202; Ph. (513) 946-6600; Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m.– 3 p.m.)
- Please make sure to bring a valid Driver’s License/State Issued ID with you to obtain your background check
- Note: There is a fee
- Bring your Local Background Check to your Badge Appointment at:
- Cincinnati Public Schools, Education Center Security Office (2651 Burnet Ave, 45219; Hours: Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.– Noon and 1–3 p.m.)