According to Houston police, two persons have been detained in relation to the shooting death of renowned Migos musician Takeoff, who was “an innocent bystander” when he was killed last month.
At a news conference on Thursday, Houston Police Chief Troy Finner announced that 33-year-old Patrick Clark had been taken into custody on suspicion of murder.
Sgt. Michael Burrow of the Houston Police Department said, “We were able to determine that Patrick Clark is the individual who fired the shot that killed the person.
That is the reason he is accused of murder. The other suspect, Cameron Joshua, was detained on November 22 on suspicion of illegally carrying a weapon, according to the chief.
He was there and had a rifle, Finner said. He is a bad guy. On November 1, Kirshnik Khari Ball, better known by his stage as Takeoff, was fatally shot outside a bowling alley in downtown Houston. The arrests were made public a month after they were. He was 28.
According to officials, Takeoff and Quavo, a 31-year-old member of the Migos, attended a private event at 810 Billiards & Bowling. According to the police, shots were fired near the entrance after the celebration ended.
Takeoff reportedly passed away from “gunshot wounds of the head and chest that penetrated into the arm,” according to a report from the Harris County Medical Examiner. At a news conference on Friday, Burrow said that a quarrel that broke out outside the bowling alley following a game of dice was the catalyst for the shooting.
“I can assure you that Takeoff did not participate in the dice game or the fight that occurred outside,” Burrow added. “ He didn’t have a gun, thus he wasn’t a threat. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise, Finner continued. “Definitely the wrong place at the wrong time.”
Police declined to confirm whether Clark and Joshua knew Takeoff or if they had an invitation to the exclusive party.
According to officials, the shooting is still being investigated
Takeoff was the youngest member of the rap group Migos, which also included his uncle Quavo, real name Kiari Kendrell Cephus, 30, and his cousin Offset, real name Quavious Keyate Marshall.
Although the group Migos was founded in 2008, it wasn’t until 2013 that they rose to fame. They then launched “Versace,” which was an instant smash and gained even more popularity when Drake appeared in the remix.
Takeoff was absent from the group’s No. 1 song for a protracted period of time, “Bad and Boujee,” which featured Lil Uzi Vert as a guest artist and has four Top 10 successes on the Billboard Hot 100.
Three albums by Migos, titled Culture, Culture II, and Culture III, were released. The Billboard 200 album list was immediately topped by the first two of these albums. Additionally, Takeoff released a solo album in 2018 titled “The Last Rocket.”
Fans and other musicians were startled and heartbroken when word of his passing spread.
“I got the fondest memories of all of us touring the world together and giving light to every city we touch,” the rapper Drake captioned an Instagram snapshot of him and Takeoff performing. I’ll pay attention to that for the time being.
Chance the Rapper commented on Twitter in response to a photo of himself with the Migos members, “It goes without saying that I’m broken-hearted and bewildered… However, I have to admit that Take is a special friend who always checked in on you and advised you to put God first. Man, I wish I could visit with you more frequently here on earth.
A month prior to his passing, Takeoff and Quavo performed together at a party for their new album, “Only Built for Infinity Links.” The new album was intended to be the progression of Takeoff’s already successful career.
“I spoke to Takeoff’s mother early this morning,” Finner stated on Friday. We misplaced a fine man. I never met him, but the hundreds of individuals I spoke to all praised him for being a wonderful person.
What Happened During the Gunfire?
Finner had said before that they think “at least two” guns were fired during the incident. Police say they used video surveillance and the audio and video from the suspect’s cell phone to find him. Sgt.
Michael Burrow of the Houston Police Department said that police used physical evidence, a reconstruction of the shooting, and ballistic evidence to figure out that Patrick Clark was the “lethal shooter in the case.”
Burrow said that Takeoff was just “an innocent bystander” during the fight that led to him being shot and killed.
- How Former Soccer Player Landon Donovan Amassed a Fortune of $14 Million?
- Is Aisha Hinds Gay? American Actress’s Sexual Orientation is a Mystery!
Burrows said, “It was a private party, and there was a profitable dice game there. After the party, there was a fight outside the bowling alley, which led to the shooting.”
Steps to come to The Harris County District Attorney’s Office wants Clark’s bond to be set at $1 million.
Prosecutors also want Clark to give up his passport and be told he can’t leave Harris County or the area around it. If they get what they want, Clark would also have a midnight curfew, random drug tests, and electronic monitoring.
Even though people have been arrested, Houston police say they still want to talk to people who saw the shooting.
Burrow said that more than 30 people were outside when the incident happened, and that “every single one of those people left the scene without giving a statement to police.”