The Rookie Season 5 Release Date: The Rookie is nearing the end of its current season, with the season finale airing on ABC on Sunday, May 15. Fans of Nathan Fillion have been wondering if the program will return in the fall for Season 5 as the summer season draws to a close.
A handful of ABC shows have been renewed for the upcoming season. However, with other networks canceling scores of shows this week, fans may be anxious that The Rookie will be one of them.
Here’s what we know about The Rookie’s future, as well as what the cast and crew have stated about Season 5.
Will There Be Coming The Rookie Season 5?
Although television shows are being canceled left, right, and center, The Rookie is not one of them. The sitcom was one of the first on ABC to be renewed for the 2021-2022 television season.
The Rookie Season 5 and The Good Doctor Season 6 were both confirmed by ABC at the end of March. The Nathan Fillion drama is one of four dramas renewed by the network so far, with Grey’s Anatomy and its spin-off Station 19 also getting fresh seasons.
Abbott Elementary, ABC’s blockbuster comedy, has been renewed for a second season.
The Rookie is ABC’s sixth most-watched scripted show, according to Nielsen ratings, and the show is highly popular on on-demand and catch-up services.
ABC also seemed to believe in The Rookie’s universe. The network has also ordered a spin-off series featuring Niecy Nash as the FBI academy’s oldest rookie. During this season of The Rookie, the show was awarded a backdoor pilot, and the network has talked about the shows crossing over their separate seasons, much like Grey’s Anatomy and Station 19.
Who Will Be Cast Members of The Rookie Season 5?
The Rookie Season 5 Cast: Check out the cast for Season 5 of The Rookie below.
- John Nolan is played by Nathan Fillion.
- Angela Lopez is played by Alyssa Diaz.
- Wade Grey is played by Richard T. Jones.
- Jackson West is played by Titus Makin Jr.
- Zoe Andersen is played by Mercedes Mason.
- Lucy Chen is played by Melissa O’Neil.
- Talia Bishop is played by Afton Williamson.
- Tim Bradford is played by Eric Winter.
- Nyla Harper is played by Mekia Cox.
- Wesley Evers is played by Shawn Ashmore.
- Bailey Nune is played by Jenna Dewan.
- Isabel Bradford is played by Mircea Monroe.
- Sara Rue in the role of Nell Forester
- Ben McRee is played by Currie Graham.
- Kevin Wolfe is played by Demetrius Grosse.
- Elijah Vestri is played by David DeSantos.
- Henry Nolan is played by Zayne Emory.
- Percy West is played by Michael Beach.
- Smitty is played by Brent Huff.
- Luna Grey is played by Angel Parker.
- Jessica Russo is played by Sarah Shahi.
- Oscar Hutchinson is played by Matthew Glave.
- Nick Armstrong is played by Harold Perrineau.
- Sterling Freeman is played by Daniel Lissing.
- Grace Sawyer is played by Ali Larter.
- Rachel Hall is played by Jasmine Mathews.
- Donovan Carsyn is played by Enver Gjokaj. Rose in the role of Lila
How Much Revenue The Rookie Season 5 Will Generate?
There’s a lot to cover here, but let’s start with the fact that the show will be off the air for a bit. The season 4 finale aired a few weeks ago, so there will be no new episode tonight.
It’s wonderful to hear there’s more to come, but there’s no word on when Season 5 will launch.
Is it possible to make an estimate? Yes, and it’s something that many of us in the television industry enjoy doing around this time.
Broadcast networks have a habit of resuming their programming around October. Why? It has a lot to do with ad money and viewership. Ads tend to pay off better as the season progresses, especially with the holiday season approaching.
Also, as the weather cools and people retreat indoors, there are more spectators available. It’s the same reason why the traditional television season finishes in May, just as many people begin to venture outside again.
The Rookie Season 5 Release Date
Season 5 of The Rookie will premiere in the October of 2022. Sunday nights at 10 p.m. ET, fans can tune in. ABC has renewed The Rookie for a fourth season ahead of schedule. The show’s official Instagram account shared the good news. The post said, “This news Meant #TheRookie is officially returning for season 5 on ABC!”
How To Watch The Rookie Season 5?
When season 4 of The Rookie premieres on ABC on Sundays at 10 p.m. ET, change the channel to ABC. You can also watch on your laptop or mobile device by going to the ABC website or downloading the ABC app.
Just a reminder that you’ll be asked to provide your TV provider information before you can start watching new episodes, so keep that information ready.
You can watch The Rookie in live time if you have a streaming account like YouTube TV, Hulu + Live TV, or fuboTV. Don’t have an account yet? You can test out these sites for free for seven days and then decide whether or not to sign up after that.
Hulu will make fresh episodes of The Rookie accessible to stream the next day if the show’s time slot is a little late for you. A 30-day free trial is available to new users. Hulu plans begin at $6.99 per month when the month is up. While you wait for season 4 of The Rookie to premiere, you can catch up on seasons 1, 2, and 3 right now.
Season 5 of The Rookie should premiere either towards the end of September or in early October, according to ABC. The episode count should be between 18 and 22 episodes, and there’s no reason to think it will vary.
Season 5 could probably be the most important for the Nathan Fillion drama in general. We believe that the existence of the Niecy Nash spin-off The Rookie: Feds opens the door for future crossovers and other methods to promote both shows together. Go ahead and keep an eye out for it.