Pitch Perfect is a musical comedy film directed by Jason Moore and written by Kay Cannon that was released in 2012. Anna Kendrick, Skylar Astin, Rebel Wilson, Anna Camp, Brittany Snow, Hana Mae Lee, Alexis Knapp, Ester Dean, Kelley Jakle, Shelley Regner, Wanetah Walmsley, Adam DeVine, Ben Platt, Utkarsh Ambudkar, John Michael Higgins, and Elizabeth Banks are among the ensemble cast members.
The Barden Bellas, an all-girl a cappella club at Barden University, compete against another a cappella group from their college for the title of Nationals.
Pitch Perfect: The Quest for Collegiate a Cappella Glory, a non-fiction book by Mickey Rapkin, is loosely turned into the film. Filming in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, ended in December 2011.
On September 24, 2012, the film premiered in Los Angeles, and on October 5, 2012, it was released in the United States. The film earned largely positive reviews from critics and went on to make over $115 million worldwide as a sleeper blockbuster. Pitch Perfect 2 (2015) and Pitch Perfect 3 (2016) are the sequels to the first film in the series (2017).
- The Bellas of Barden
- Beca Mitchell, an introverted and rebellious student who joins the Bellas to placate her professor father, is played by Anna Kendrick.
- Patricia “Fat Amy” Hobart, a strong and funny Tasmanian vocalist, is played by Rebel Wilson.
- Anna Camp plays Aubrey Posen, the Bellas’ strict and conventional co-leader.
- Brittany Snow stars as Chloe Beale, the Bellas’ gentler and more civil co-leader.
- Stacie Conrad, played by Alexis Knapp, is a sexually driven singer and dancer.
- Cynthia Rose Adams, played by Ester Dean, is a harsh soul singer.
- Hana Mae Lee stars as Lilly Onakuramara, a weird, soft-spoken student who is also a skilled beatboxer.
- Jessica is played by Kelley Alice Jakle, a perky and oblivious soprano.
- Denise is played by Wanetah Walmsley, an inconspicuous alto.
- Ashley is played by Shelley Regner, an alto and beatboxer.
- Caroline Fourmy plays Mary-Elise, a Bellas member who only lasted a few episodes.
- Kori, played by Nicole Lovince, was a member of the Bellas who only lasted a few episodes.
Where to Watch Is Ideal.
You can download “Pitch Perfect” from Amazon Video, Vudu, AMC on Demand, DIRECTV, Redbox, Apple iTunes, Google Play Movies, YouTube, Vudu, Microsoft Store, Redbox, DIRECTV, AMC on Demand, Spectrum On Demand, or rent it from Amazon Video, Vudu, AMC on Demand, DIRECTV, Redbox, Apple iTunes, Google Play Movies, YouTube, Vudu, Microsoft Store, Redbox, DIRECTV, AMC on Demand,
Synopsis and Plot of The Film Pitch Perfect
Beca (Anna Kendrick) is the type of girl who would prefer listen to what’s coming out of her headphones than what you’re saying.
In the new out-loud comedy “Pitch Perfect,” she finds herself unfit for any clique but is pushed into one she never would have chosen on her own: among rude girls, kind girls, and odd girls whose only thing in common is how good they sound when they sing together.
They strive to claw their way to the top of the cutthroat world of college a cappella until Beca takes this acoustic singing group out of their world of classic arrangements and precise harmonies and into all-new mash-ups.
This might be the coolest or most insane thing they’ve ever done, and it’ll probably be a touch of both.
“Pitch Perfect” is directed by Jason Moore, who introduced us to the very misbehaving life of puppets in the surprise Broadway sensation “Avenue Q,” which is packed with new takes on old favourites and current hits that are seamlessly mixed together, mashed-up, and arranged like you’ve never heard before.